In the spirit of Darren's call for variety, and in a last-ditch attempt to kill forever a longstanding bad blogging habit of mine, I hereby publicly set a blogging goal, with a condition attached to my failure to complete it.
My goal: Post at least three times each day, Monday through Friday, through the end of June 2006 (hence, June 8-9, 12-16, 19-23, and 26-30).
If I don't keep my goal: I will give my priceless Yoda PEZ dispenser, the symbol of my Know More Media blogging efforts, to the first person who accuses me of failing to keep my goal.
Why am I doing this?
- Because, as Darren has said, if you tell your goal to the world on your blog, you're more likely to keep it.
- Because I really, really feel like I need to prove to myself that I can blog prolificly, consistently, for three full weeks (I figure if I can do it for that long, then I should be able to keep up the habit as long as I deem it a good one).
- Because I know someone out there loves Yoda and/or PEZ as much as I do.
The fine print:
- If you think of any rules I ought to add or change here to close any loopholes, let me know in the comments.
- I'm not concerned about Saturdays (if I post, great, if not, great) and I don't plan to post on Sundays.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Every post has to be genuinely good. I know this is essentially a subjective measure, but I don't want to give myself any excuses. So all three of my posts each weekday must be relevant to the subject of business blogging and show evidence of careful consideration on my part. If you see a post that you think is subpar, tell me so and the PEZ may well be yours.
So watch me closely, folks - if I falter, the PEZ dispenser is yours. Oh, and one more thing - all the PEZ candy in my possession will be, too!
(Note to self: Do not screw this one up, dude! The world is watching!)